Northbrook ParkFrequently Asked Questions

Can you organise our civil ceremony for us?

The Vine Room is our licensed ceremony room and can seat up to 200. It is down to you to contact and book the local Registrars, for our district this is Hampshire Registrars, the number is 0300 555 1392. If you are planning more than one ceremony on the day, please be aware that a Civil Ceremony must take place before any other ceremony (including a religious blessing, regardless of whether the religious blessing has any legal standing). This requirement is a condition of our Approved Venue Licence for Marriage and Civil Partnerships.

Local churches

Name Contact Number Website
St Marys Church 01420 850 379 WWW.FARNHAMROYALCHURCHES.ORG.UK 
St James C of E Church 01252 792402 WWW.ROWLEDGECHURCH.NET
St Peters Parish Church 01252 716431 WWW.COFEWRECCLESHAM.ORG.UK
Church Of The Good Shepherd 01252 792137 WWW.GOODSHEPHERDFOURMARKS.ORG.UK
St Lawrence Parish Church 01420 83234 WWW.STLAWRENCEPARISHCHURCH.ORG.UK
Rowledge Methodist 01252 714192 WWW.FARALT.ORG
St Andrews 01252 715412 WWW.STANDREWSFARNHAM.ORG
St Joan of Arc Catholic Church 01252 716711 WWW.STJOANOFARCFARNHAM.CO.UK
Holy Family Catholic Church 01252 321383 WWW.HOLYFAMILYFARNHAM.ORG

What do you need from us before the day itself?

1 month before your wedding, we will need our Details Sheet filled in and returned to us (copy included in your pack). This will ask for everything we like to know such as, your arrival times, suppliers details etc, we will also request a copy of the itinerary of the day. In addition to these details, we also require signed contract from your caterer.

When can we come and start setting up?

Normally access is from 10.00am on the day. If there is no wedding the day before yours, you are welcome to come over with your team of ‘helping hands’ to begin setting up – this would be by prior arrangement with venue manager as this is a private residence. If the venue is booked the day before, you will be able to come in the morning. As you will be quite busy with your own preparations, your florist and other suppliers can come and set up for you. This is what most people do and it works well as long as clear instructions have been given.

What facilities are there for music during the day?

We have an CD sound system in the Vine Room. You may also bring in an MP3 player to connect to this (you will need to bring the lead for this also). If you require a PA system in the Orangery this is supplied by our inhouse system.  You are required to comply with all noise restrictions and to your best endeavours to ensure that your third parties (bands/DJs) engaged similarly to comply with such restrictions.

Do you have a sound limiter?

Northbrook Park has a sound limiter and it is set at 92 decibels.

Is there a bar at Northbrook?

Yes, we operate a cash-bar in the evening. Please contact us for pricing.

Can you help with our table plan?

Your caterer will work with you on this but we enclose samples in Appendix II. You will need to bring your own table plan for display on the day and this needs to be on stiff board or card or in a frame to sit securely – A1 or A2 Landscape or Portrait size.

How many people can be seated at the tables to fit into the rooms?

The tables are 5’6 and seat 10 people but you or your caterers can supply your own if you wish. The Vine Room fits 12 tables and the Orangery 25 tables.

Are we allowed to use candles?

Yes you can, they always look lovely in the evening. We recommend 8 hour burning ones just so that they will last throughout, otherwise you will need to arrange replacement of the candles during the celebrations which is not really practical.

What happens if it rains?

There are wet weather covers and walkways to enable people to walk around without getting wet.

Are the gardens usable after night-fall?

Yes the gardens and grounds are well-lit and have power supplies also. We do have ponds and water features so please remind parents to be vigilant with children.

Where is there to smoke?

We operate a strict NO SMOKING policy indoors, smokers are to use the ash urns in the garden and smoke here ONLY.

Where do our guests park at Northbrook?

The main car park is just off The Magnolia Garden and very clearly sign posted. The car park is located near the venue.

Are we allowed to use fireworks/sky lanterns?

Unfortunately not because of our resident birds and pets, our stunning peacocks make up for it though!

Are we allowed to use confetti?

We do allow bio-degradable confetti only – should no-bio-degradable or confetti cannons be used then there will be a charge of £500 for the clean up afterwards.

Where can we have photographs taken?

There a lots of scenic spots around the venue. We suggest your photographer comes to visit with you beforehand to plan shots. We recommend the Nun’s Garden, the Walled Garden, the Magnolia Garden, the Circular Lawn and the Vine Room.

Do we need wedding insurance?

We always recommend you take out insurance to avoid any losses or damages incurred. We also remind you to refer to our terms & conditions.

Overnight Bag!

If you are using the Bridal Lodge, please have an overnight bag ready to give us or the chauffeur before you say your good-byes at the end of the evening.

Can we use External Caterers?

We use White Truffle Events as our preferred caterer at Northbrook Park. Should you wish for another catering company to cater at your wedding here with us, then this will be an additional £1,000 on top of your venue hire. We would suggest that they come to see the venue if you decide to use external caterers as our kitchen is just a shell of a kitchen with no fridge/cooking facilities on site – we also have catering rules to which they will need to adhere to! Please make sure you inform us of this so the fee can be paid before the wedding day.

What are the dimensions of the rooms?

Room Dimensions

How to enquire

Call us on: 0844 824 7772.

Thank you. Your enquiry has been sent.