1. Application of Conditions
1.1 In these Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Agreement: the Venue Hire Booking Form signed by the Client incorporating these Conditions
Approved Caterer: an approved caterer from the Owner’s Approved Supplier List
Catering Agreement: an agreement between the Client and a Caterer.
Catering Area: an area reserved for use by a Caterer at the Event
Ceremony Time: the time fixed by the Client for any ceremony at the Event
Client: the person who signs the Venue Hire Booking Form with the Owner.
Conditions: these Venue Hire Terms and Conditions
Data Protection Legislation: the UK Data Protection Legislation and any other European Union legislation relating to personal data and all other legislation and regulatory requirements in force from time to time which apply to a party relating to the use of Personal Data (including, without limitation, the privacy of electronic communications);.
Deposit: the sum payable to the Owner as a deposit as part of the Venue Hire Fees, being 25% of the Venue Hire Fees, or as specified otherwise in the Venue Hire Booking Form
Estate: the area surrounding the Venue, together with any roadways and gardens leading to and from the Venue
Event: the event on the Event Date, as described in the Venue Hire Booking Form.
Event Date: the date of the Event as set out in the Venue Hire Booking Form.
Fees: the total fees payable for the Event as set out in the Venue Hire Booking Form, namely the Venue Hire Fees and any applicable External Catering Fee but excluding the Security Deposit and any Venue Deductions.
Interim Fee: 50% of the Venue Hire Fees unless specified otherwise in the Venue Hire Booking Form
Final Fee: 25% of the Venue Hire Fees, unless specified otherwise in the Venue Hire Booking Form
Hire Term: the total duration of the hire of the Venue as detailed in the Venue Hire Booking Form
Northbrook Park: Northbrook Park, Northbrook Estate, Farnham Road, Bentley, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 5EU
Operator: any person engaged by the Client to provide music other entertainment services at the Event.
Owner: being Nici Hotels Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales under no. 10934327 and its successors in title from time to time.
Owner’s Preferred Supplier List: a list of caterers (as amended from time to time) who are approved by the Owner to provide catering services at the Venue for the Event, available on request from the Owner.
Plan: the plan attached to the Conditions or as provided to the Client by the Owner
Security Deposit: a refundable deposit of £1,000 to be paid when the Final Fee falls due to cover any Venue Deductions. The Security Deposit will be refunded after the Event Date, subject to any applicable Venue Deductions.
Suppliers: any servants or agents or suppliers engaged by the Client to provide services to the Client at the Venue, including any Caterer or Operator
UK Data Protection Legislation: all applicable data protection and privacy legislation in force from time to time in the UK including the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679); the Data Protection Act 2018; the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC (as updated by Directive 2009/136/EC) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (SI 2003/2426) as amended
VAT: value added tax or any equivalent tax chargeable in the UK
Venue: such parts of Northbrook Park as are made available by the Owner for hire by the Client for the Event, as described in the Venue Hire Booking Form, subject to any alterations by the Owner as may be necessary and subject to the Owner’s right to provide the Client with alternative venue hire facilities within the Estate which shall be of at least an equivalent standard and capacity to those specified in the Venue Hire Booking Form.
Venue Deductions: the reasonable costs incurred by the Owner as the result any damages/breakages to the Venue, complaints made by neighbours due to any unreasonable or excessive noise, clearing away any rubbish left over after the Event (including through the use of confetti cannons), late vacation of the Venue, and any other loss incurred by the Owner arising from or relating to any breach of these Conditions by the Client, their guests or their Suppliers.
Venue Hire: the hire of the Venue subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement
Venue Hire Fees: the total fee for the hire of the Venue as set out in the Venue Hire Booking Form, excluding any Security Deposit and External Catering Fee
Venue Manager: such person as is designated as the Venue Manager by the Owner from time to time
1.2 Unless the context otherwise requires, each reference in this Agreement to:
1.2.1 “writing” includes email
1.2.2 a statute or a provision of a statute is a reference to that statute or provision as amended or re-enacted from time to time.
1.2.3 a Clause is a reference to a clause of this Agreement
1.2.4 a "Party" or the "Parties" refer to the parties to this Agreement
1.2.5 The headings used in this Agreement are for convenience only and shall have no effect upon the interpretation of this Agreement
1.2.6 Words imparting the singular number shall include the plural and vice versa; and
1.2.7 References to any gender shall include the other gender.
2. The Contract
2.1 This Agreement solely governs the hire of the Venue by the Client as a “dry hire” venue for the Event and governs the terms of the hire contract between the Owner and the Client. Before signing this Agreement, the Client must ensure that they have read it carefully. If the Client is unsure about any part of this Agreement, clarification should be sought from the Owner before proceeding.
2.2 A legally binding contract between the Owner and the Client shall be created upon the Owner’s acceptance of this Agreement, indicated by both Parties signing this Agreement, and payment of the Deposit.
2.3 By signing this Agreement, the Parties hereby acknowledge that the Owner has given or made available to the Client the following information (save for where such information is already apparent from the context of the transaction):
· The main characteristics of the Venue and the Estate;
· The Owner’s identity and contact details;
· The total Fees or, if the nature of the hire of the Venue Hire is such that the Fees cannot be calculated in advance, the manner in which they will be calculated
· The arrangements for payment, performance and the time by which (or within which) the Owner undertakes to perform its obligations; and
· Details of how to access the Owner’s complaints handling policy.
3. The Venue Hire
3.1 Full details of the Venue Hire are provided in the Venue Hire Booking Form
4. Fees, Charges and Payment
4.1 The Venue Hire Fees shall be payable in the amounts and by the dates set out in the Venue Hire Booking Form and otherwise shall become due for payment to the Owner in three instalments, as follows:
· The Deposit, within 14 days of signing the Venue Hire Booking Form:
· The Interim Fee, 12 months prior to the Event Date; and
· The Final Fee, 6 months prior to the Event Date.
4.2 The External Catering Fee shall be payable on the date set out in the Venue Hire Booking Form and shall otherwise become due for payment when the Final Fee becomes due for payment (or at the same time as the Deposit is payable where the Venue Hire Booking Form is accepted by the Owner less than 6 months prior to the Event Date).
4.3 Without prejudice to any other right or remedy that it may have, if the Client fails to pay the Owner any of the Fees (or any other charges or payments due to the Owner under these Conditions) on their due date, the Owner may charge interest on such sums from the due date for payment at the rate of 4% per annum above the base lending rate from time to time of Barclays Bank PLC and may suspend all use of the Venue and deny access to the Venue and the Estate until full payment has been made.
4.4 The provisions of clause 4.3 will not apply if the Client has promptly contacted the Owner to dispute an invoice in good faith. No interest will accrue while such a dispute is ongoing.
5. Owner's Obligations
5.1 The Owner shall:
• Provide the Venue during the Hire Term on the Event Date, so that the Client may use the Venue for the Event.
• Make the Venue available to Suppliers from 08:00 on the Event Date to allow them to set up the Event.
• Inform the Client of all health and safety rules and regulations and any other reasonable security requirements that apply at the Venue.
• Permit a suitable Caterer to supply alcohol at the Event in connection with the Catering Agreement subject to the Caterer being authorised to do so in writing by the Owner not less than 2 weeks before the Event Date; and
• Use reasonable endeavours to offer the Client a reasonable alternative to the Venue, in the event that part of the Venue becomes unavailable for whatever reason.
6. Client's Obligations
6.1 The Client shall:
• Co-operate with the Owner in all matters relating to the Venue and the Event.
• Provide, in a timely manner, such information as the Owner may reasonably request such as Supplier information and coach arrangements.
• Arrange for all rubbish to be removed by any External Caterer. If this is not a service the External Caterer provides to the Client, the Client must arrange an alternative method of waste disposal so that all rubbish is removed from the Venue by 1.00 am following the end of the Hire Term.
• The clear down of the Catering Area and surrounding areas within the Venue is the External Caterer’s responsibility, along with disposing of all rubbish off site by 1.00 am following the end of the Hire Term.
• Ensure that any alcohol supplied by the Client for any reception drinks or wedding breakfast only is served by a reputable Caterer, who holds a suitable alcohol licence and is properly authorised to supply alcohol at the Event by the Owner not less than 2 weeks before the Event Date.
• Ensure that attendees of the Event do not act in an improper or disorderly manner and that any attendees leave the Venue promptly by midnight on the Event Date and comply with the reasonable demands of the Owner’s representatives. .
• Use only bio-degradable confetti outside the Venue. The use of fabric flower petals is not permitted within the Venue or within the grounds of the Estate. Please note that only confetti of a light colour may be used due to avoid any staining of the Estate grounds or the floor of the Vine Room.
• Ensure that no confetti cannons are used at the Event.
• Make good fully any loss or damage caused to the Owner arising from or relating to or connected with the Event at the Client’s expense. On discovery of such damage, the Owner shall charge the Client for any costs and liabilities of any damage and reserves the right to deduct such costs from the Security Deposit. For the avoidance of doubt, the Client shall be responsible to the Owner for any loss or damage caused to the Owner in respect of (a) any catering services provided to the Client at the Venue by an External Caterer or (b) any entertainment services provided to the Client at the Venue by an Operator.
• Allow the Owner and its representatives to conduct show arounds at the Venue on the Event Date, up until 2 hours prior to the start of the Ceremony Time.
• Ensure that all personal effects belonging to the Client or their guests or those of any Suppliers are removed/collected from the Venue by no later than 1.00am following the end of the Hire Term, or alternatively, that such effects are collected between 8.00am - 10.00am on the day after the Event Date. This includes flowers, rubbish, bottles, drinks and lost property etc. The Owner does not have the facilities to remove or dispose of such items. Lost property will only be held for up to 7 days following the Event Date.
7. Use of the Venue
7.1 The Client shall comply with the following rules and restrictions:
· No smoking or vaping at any time inside or outside the Venue, apart from in such areas, if any, as may be designated as smoking or vaping areas by the Owner from time to time.
· No drug use. The Owner has a zero tolerance to drug use. If drug use is discovered in or around the Venue, the Owner reserves the right to suspend or terminate the hire of the Venue with immediate effect
7.2 The Client:
· may, with the prior written consent of the Owner, supply and use any additional equipment such as staging, lighting or similar for the Event, provided that such equipment is only be used in a way that does not require any destructive fixing to the structure of the Venue. No fixings requiring glue, nails, tacks, screws or similar are permitted;
• may not, and shall procure that its Suppliers shall not, at any time have gas cylinders in or around the Venue nor any other containers containing substances which are noxious, corrosive, toxic, explosive or hazardous without the Owner’s express prior written permission;
• may not, at any time, allow or suffer to allow any live animals to be brought into the Venue without the Owner’s express written permission, save for guide dogs for the blind, which are permitted at all times during the Hire Term;
• may not at any time use candles or other lighted flames inside the Venue without the Owner’s express written permission;
• shall not allow any goods to be sold during the Event without the Owner’s express written permission.
• acknowledges that the Owner reserves the right to refuse admission to any particular attendee or ask an attendee to leave the Event if in the sole opinion of the Owner that person’s conduct is inappropriate; and
• acknowledges that the Owner reserves the right (under the Licensing Act 2003) to prevent the service of alcohol to an attendee, or attendees, whose behaviour, in the sole opinion of the Owner, is inappropriate, or whom the Owner believes to have exceeded reasonable tolerance levels, or whose age the Owner believes to be less than the legal age for alcohol consumption.
8. Health and Safety
8.1 The Client shall:
• comply with all health and safety rules and regulations and any other reasonable security requirements that apply at the Venue and will use its best endeavours to ensure that all attendees of the Event comply with the same;
• ensure that all food of any kind is brought onto the Venue by a reputable Caterer, who must have the appropriate food safety certificates and public liability insurance. Furthermore, the Owner shall have the right to inspect any food brought to the Venue and may audit the Caterer for food safety and hygiene.
• ensure that no more than 200 people are permitted in the Vine Room at any time and that no more than 300 people are permitted in the Orangery at any time. The Owner shall have the right to inspect the Venue at any time during the Hire Term and the Owner and take all necessary steps, in conjunction with the Client or otherwise, to remove any number of persons in excess of the numbers stated above
• ensure that any electrical equipment that the Client or any Operator wishes to use during the Event is fully PAT Tested. All such equipment must bear the appropriate labels and be accompanied by the appropriate certificates as proof of such testing and compliance
• The Owner shall have the right to inspect electrical equipment at any time during the Hire Term for compliance with this clause 8.1 and the Owner shall have the right to remove, or request the removal of, any equipment not in compliance with that provision from the Venue.
8.2 The Owner shall make the Client aware of all fire exits and fire equipment prior to the start of the Hire Term. All fire exits and access thereto must remain completely unobstructed. All signs for fire exits and equipment must remain as prominent and visible as they are when the Venue is unoccupied. Fire equipment must not be moved from its present location unless being used for its intended purpose.
8.3 Under no circumstances may fireworks or sky lanterns be used inside or outside the Venue due to the presence of wildlife around the Estate.
9. Access to and Departure from the Venue
9.1 All attendees of the Eventmust enter and vacate the Venue via the designated exits, except with the prior written permission of the Owner.
9.2 Arrival/departure by Helicopters to or from the Venue or the Estate is not permitted.
10. Good Order and Nuisance
10.1 The Client shall use all reasonable endeavours to keep all guests under a reasonable level of control. This obligation extends to noise levels, general behaviour and sobriety. This obligation also applies to other individuals such as Operators and External Caterers engaged to provide services to the Client.
10.2 Noise must be kept to a reasonable level at all times. The Client must use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that no noise emanates from in or about the Venue which might disturb other residents within the Estate, including car horns, loud shouting or loud music.
10.3 Amplified music of any kind or the use of microphones is strictly prohibited outside the Venue.
10.4 Please note that the Owner operates a sound limiter in the Orangery for music, set at 92 decibels. All Operators are required to use the Owner’s electronic limiter. Where the Operator is a band, they will be strictly restricted to using an electric drum kit, no acoustic drums will be permitted, and will be required to sound check prior to performance. The Owner reserves the right to suspend or terminate any performance immediately as a result of any failure to use the Owner’s sound limiter during the Event.
10.5 The Client shall comply with all noise restrictions relating to the Venue (including a strict policy of music finishing by 23:30 on the Event Date) and use its best endeavours to ensure that the attendees, the Operator and all third parties similarly comply with such restrictions.
10.6 The Client shall use all reasonable endeavours to comply with all noise and planning conditions imposed by the local authority relating to the Venue and shall not use the middle glass Orangery doors leading to the Walled Garden or the Nuns Garden after any evening entertainment has begun. The doors that may be used are the first set and last set for access to the said gardens.
10.7 Please be aware that the Owner reserves the right to escort any attendee away from the Venue and off the Estate whose conduct is deemed inappropriate or in breach of these Conditions
10.8 The Owner reserves the right to make a charge by way of Venue Deductions for any failure to comply with this clause 10
11. Supplier Deliveries
11.1 Suppliers are permitted access to the Venue on the Event Date from 08:00. Access on the day before the Event Date is subject to availability and by prior arrangement with the Venue Manager.
11.2 Supplier deliveries for the Event must be pre-arranged with the Owner and occur between the hours of 08:00 and 17:00. It is the responsibility of the Client to inform all Suppliers of these limitations.
12.1 Any notice by the Client to cancel the hire of the Venue must be made in writing to the Owner prior to the Event Date in accordance with clause 19 (Notices). The date of receipt of a notice of cancellation by the Owner (in accordance with clause 19) shall be the Cancellation Date.
12.2 Subject to clause 12.1, the Owner reserves the right to impose the following cancellation charges:
(a) Cancellation Date less than 3 months prior to the Event Date: 75% of the Venue Hire Fees
(b) Cancellation Date between 3 months and 6 months prior to the Event Date: 50% of the Venue Hire Fees
(c) Cancellation Date between 6 months and 9 months prior to the Event Date: 25% of the Venue Hire Fees
(d) Cancellation Date between 9 months and 12 months prior to the Event Date– the Deposit; and
(e) Cancellation Date more than 12 months prior to the Event Date - no cancellation charge
12.3 The Owner shall be entitled to cancel the hire of the Venue on the Event Date and to terminate this Agreement upon immediate written notice to the Client on the occurrence of any one or more of the following events:
(a) where the Client breaches this Agreement in a material way and fails to remedy that breach within 14 days of the Owner asking them to do so in writing;
(b) the insolvency of the Client;
(c) where arrears of any Fees due to the Owner in relation to the Event are outstanding for more than 14 days; or
(d) any other circumstance which, in the reasonable opinion of the Owner, would lead to either the reputation or property of the Owner being materially damaged by the Client or its Suppliers; and
(e) the Owner is unable to carry out its obligations due to an event outside of the Owner’s reasonable control which continues for more than six weeks or is likely to prevent the Owner from making the Venue available and providing the Venue Hire in time for the Event Date
12.4 In the event of cancellation or termination of this Agreement by the Owner in accordance with clause 12.3 of this Agreement, the Owner will be entitled to retain such sum as shall represent the Owner’s reasonable loss arising from the relevant event.
12.5 The Owner shall be entitled to cancel the hire of the Venue on the Event Date and to terminate this Agreement upon 3 months written notice to the Client before the Event Date, on the occurrence of any one or more of the following events:
(a) ) where agreements have been exchanged for the sale of the Venue; and
(b) in the event that the Owner wishes to make material alterations to the Venue
12.6 In the event of cancellation or termination of this Agreement by the Owner in accordance with clause 12.5 of this Agreement, the Owner will refund any advance payments made by the Client in respect of the Fees. The Owner shall not have any further liability towards the Client.
13. Liability and Insurance
13.1 The Owner has in place its own insurance cover against certain risks relating to the Venue, including public liability insurance and employers liability insurance.
13.2 Subject to clause 13.3, the Owner will not accept any responsibility for any items of personal property, wedding presents, equipment or motor vehicles belonging to the Client, its attendees, Suppliers or third parties at the which are left unattended at the Venue. Such items shall be at the risk of the Client and the respective attendees, Suppliers and third parties.
13.3 Subject to clause 13.5,the Owner shall be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that the Client may suffer as a result of the Owner’s breach of this Agreement or as a result of its negligence (including that of any of its employees, agents or sub-contractors). Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of the Owner’s breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by the Parties when the contract between the Owner and the Client was formed. The Owner shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
13.4 The Owner is providing the Venue Hire for private (i.e. non-commercial) purposes only. The Owner makes no warranty or representation that the Venue will be fit for commercial, business or industrial purposes of any kind. The Client hereby warrants and agrees that they do not have such purposes in mind and will not be using the Venue in such a manner. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business, or for any loss of business opportunity.
13.5 Subject to clause 13.6, the Owner's total liability in connection with the performance of this Agreement shall be limited to 125% of the Fees actually paid to the Owner under this Agreement.
13.6 Nothing in these Conditions limits or excludes the liability of the Owner (a) for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or (b) for any damage or liability incurred by the Client as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by the Owner.
14. Events Outside Our Control
14.1 The Owner shall have no liability to the Client under this Agreement if it is prevented from or delayed in performing its obligations under this Agreement by any acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes by third parties, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or pandemic or other natural disaster, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom, or any other event that is beyond the Owner’s reasonable control (“Force Majeure”).
14.2 If any event described under this clause occurs that is likely to adversely affect the Owner’s performance of any of its obligations under this Agreement:
· The Owner shall inform the Client as soon as is reasonably possible;
· The Owner’s obligations under this Agreement shall be suspended and any time limits that it is bound by will be extended accordingly (where such extension is reasonably possible);
· If the Owner’s provision of the Venue is delayed by an event outside of its control then the Owner will contact the Client as soon as possible to let it know and the Owner will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay and provide details of any new dates, times or availability as necessary. Provided the Owner does this, it will not be liable for delays caused by the event which is outside of its control.
· If an event outside of the Owner’s reasonable control occurs and the Client wishes to cancel this Agreement, the Client may do so without incurring any cancellation charges;
· If an event outside of the Owner’s reasonable control continues for more than six weeks or is likely to prevent the Owner from making the Venue available and providing the Venue Hire in time for the start date of the Hire Term, the Owner may cancel this Agreement in accordance with the Owner’s right to do so under Clause 12 and the Client shall be informed of the cancellation. Any refunds due to the Client as a result of that cancellation shall be made as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 14 calendar days of the Owner’s cancellation notice.
15. Rights of third parties
15.1 This Agreement is made for the benefit of the parties to it and is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of this Agreement
16. Other Important Terms
16.1 The Owner shall have the right to transfer (assign) its obligations and rights under this Agreement to a third party (this may happen, for example, if the Owner sells the Venue). If this occurs the Owner shall notify the Client in writing. The Client’s rights under this Agreement will not be affected and the Owner’s obligations under this Agreement will be transferred to the third party who shall remain bound by them.
16.2 The Client may not transfer (assign) their obligations and rights under this Agreement without the Owner’s express written consent (such consent not to be unreasonably withheld).
16.3 If any of the provisions of this Agreement are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that / those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of this Agreement. The remainder of this Agreement shall be valid and enforceable
16.4 No failure or delay by either Party in exercising any of its respective rights under this Agreement means that such right has been waived, and no waiver by either Party of a breach of any provision of this Agreement means that either Party will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision
17. Data Protection (How We Use Your Personal Information)
17.1 All personal information that the Owner may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Legislation
17.2 For complete details of the Owner’s collection, processing, storage, and retention of personal data including, but not limited to, the purpose(s) for which personal data is used, the legal basis or bases for using it, details of your rights and how to exercise them, and personal data sharing (where applicable), please refer to the Owner’s Privacy Notice available at www.northbrookpark.co.uk
18. Governing law and jurisdiction
18.1 These Conditions, this Agreement and the relationship between the Owner and the Client (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
18.2 If the Client is a consumer, it will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in its country of residence. Nothing in clause 18.1 above takes away or reduces the Client’s rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
18.3 Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between the Owner and the Client relating to these Conditions, the Agreement, or the relationship between the Owner and the Client (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by the residency of the Client where it is a consumer.
19.1 Any notice given under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be delivered by hand or sent by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service or by email to the relevant party as follows:
(a) to the Owner at the address stated in the Venue Hire Booking Form, or by email to [email protected], in each case marked for the attention of the Venue Manager; and
(b) to the Client at the address or email stated in the Venue Hire Booking Form,
or as otherwise specified by the relevant party by notice in writing to each other party
19.2 Any notice given in accordance with clause 19.1 will be deemed to have been received:
(a) if delivered by hand, on signature of a delivery receipt or at the time the notice is left at the proper address;
(b) if sent by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9.00 am on the second working day after posting; and
(c) if sent by email , at the time of transmission, or, if this time falls outside business hours in the place of receipt, when business hours resume. In this clause 19.2(b), business hours means 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday on a day that is not a public holiday in the place of receipt
19.3 This clause does not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action or, where applicable, any arbitration or other method of dispute resolution.
All sums payable to the Licensor under this agreement are inclusive of VAT (where applicable)
21. Complaints and Feedback
21.1 The Owner always welcomes feedback from its customers and, while the Owner always uses all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Client’s experience as a customer of the Owner is a positive one, the Owner nevertheless wants to hear from the Client should it have any cause for complaint.
21.2 All complaints are handled in accordance with the Owner’scomplaints handling policy and procedure, available from the Venue Manager or from www.northbrookpark.co.uk
21.3 If the Client wishes to complain about any aspect of its dealings with the Owner, including, but not limited to, these Conditions, the Contract, or the Venue Hire, please contact the Owner in one of the following ways:
21.3.1 In writing, addressed to the Venue Manager at Northbrook Park, Farnham Road, Nr Bentley, Surrey, GU10 5EU; or
21.3.2 By email, addressed to the Venue Manager at [email protected]