Wedding Terms & Conditions
1. APPLICATION OF CONDITIONS
In these Conditions, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Additional Fee: an excess paid in the event of late vacation of the Venue
Agreement: the Owner’s Wedding Confirmation Form signed by the Client incorporating these Conditions and (where applicable) the Operator Agreement.
Caterer: a caterer to the Wedding approved by the Owner in writing
Catering Agreement: an agreement between the Owner and the Caterer (where catering services are to be provided to the Client for the Wedding) for access to and use of the Venue in the form of the draft supplied to the Client with these Conditions
Client: the person who signs the Wedding Confirmation Form with the Owner.
Fees: the total fees for the Wedding as set out in the Wedding Confirmation Form
Initial Fee: one third of the Fees
Interim Fee: one third of the Fees
Final Fee: one third of the Fees
Operator: the Operator named in the Operator Agreement
Operator Agreement: an agreement between the Owner and the Operator (where music is to be provided) for access to and use of the Venue in the form of the draft supplied to the Client with these Conditions
Order of Day: see Schedule 1
Owner: Nicolas Roach trading as N J Roach Farm of Northbrook Park, Northbrook, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 5EU;
Venue: Such part or parts of Northbrook Park Northbrook, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 5EU as are selected by the Client for the Wedding in the Wedding Confirmation Form subject to alterations by the owner and set out in the Venue order of the Day.
Wedding: the wedding described in the Wedding Confirmation Form
Wedding Date: the date of the Wedding as set out in the Wedding Confirmation Form
2. OWNER’S OBLIGATIONS
To provide the Venue from 10am until midnight on the Wedding Date as set out in the Order of Day.
The Owner shall inform the Client of all health and safety rules and regulations and any other reasonable security requirements that apply at the Venue.
In the event that part of the Venue becomes unavailable for whatever reason the Owner shall use reasonable endeavours to offer the Client a reasonable alternative.
3. CLIENT’S OBLIGATIONS
The Client shall:
• Co-operate with the Owner in all matters relating to the Venue.
• Provide, in a timely manner, such information as the Owner may reasonably request such as supplier information and coach arrangements.
• Comply with all health and safety rules and regulations and any other reasonable security requirements that apply at the Venue and will use its best endeavours to ensure that all attendees of the Wedding comply with the same; and
• Comply with all noise restrictions (including a strict policy of music out before 11.30pm) notified by the Owner and use its best endeavours to ensure that the attendees and all third parties engaged similarly comply with such restrictions.
• All attendees will depart via the Magnolia gardens leading to the car park and the mews cottages. The front of the house will not be accessible after 6pm due to Health & Safety legislations.
• Ensure that attendees of the Wedding shall not act in an improper or disorderly manner and that they shall leave promptly before midnight and comply with the reasonable demands of the Owner’s staff.
• Ensure that no fireworks or sky lanterns are ignited throughout the event due to the wildlife around the estate.
• To pay the Additional Fee without set off, deduction or withholding of £1,000 if the Venue (excluding the Main car park) is not vacated by midnight preventing closure of the Venue by guests and £1,000 per hour thereafter.
• The Owner will have the right to refuse admission to any particular attendee or to require an attendee to leave the Wedding if in the sole opinion of the Owner that person’s conduct is inappropriate.
• Ensure that all food of any kind is brought onto the Venue by a reputable caterer, who must have the appropriate food safety certificates and public liability insurance.
• Clients supplying their own alcohol must ensure that it is served by a reputable bar company/caterer, who holds a personal alcohol licence. Northbrook Park holds a licence to serve alcohol on the premises.
• Procure, as condition of this agreement, that (a) any Caterer shall enter into a Catering Agreement and (b) any Operator shall enter into an Operator Agreement, and provide signed copies thereof to the Owner not less than 3 months before the Wedding Date. The Owner reserves the right, in his absolute discretion and in addition to any other rights or remedies he may have, to refuse access to and/or use of the Venue by any Operator or Caterer who have not entered into an Operating Agreement or a Catering Agreement (as the case may be) in accordance with this agreement.
• Make good fully any damages arising at the Venue from the Wedding at the Client’s expense. On discovery of such damage the Owner shall invoice the Client for any costs and liabilities of any damage and reserves the right to charge those cost to the Client’s credit card.
4. CHARGES AND PAYMENT
The total Fees for the Venue shall be the amount(s) set out in the Wedding Confirmation Form. The total Fees shall become due for payment and shall be paid to the Owner (in full and in cleared funds without deduction or set-off) in three instalments, as follows:
(a) The Initial Fee on signing the Wedding Confirmation Form;
(b) The Interim Fee 12 months prior to the date of the Wedding Date; and
(c) The Final Fee 6 months prior to the date of the Wedding Date
(d) The Additional Fee within 24 hours of the wedding date
Without prejudice to any other right or remedy that it may have, if the Client fails to pay the Owner on the due date, the Owner may charge interest on such sum from the due date for payment at the annual rate of 8 % above the base lending rate from time to time of Barclays Bank PLC and suspend all use of the Venue until payment has been made in full
All sums payable to the Owner under this Agreement shall become due immediately on its termination, not withstanding any other provisions of the Agreement.
Any notice of cancellation must be made in writing to the Owner and arrive prior to the Wedding Date.
In the event that the Client cancels the Wedding, the Owner reserves the right to impose the following cancellation charges:
(a) Less than 6 months prior to the date of the Wedding: 100% of the Fees
(b) Between 6 months and 12 months (inclusive) prior to the date of the Wedding – the Initial and the Interim Fee
(c) Between 12 months and 18 months prior to the date of the Wedding – the Initial Fee
The Owner shall be entitled to cancel the Wedding upon written notice to the Client on the occurrence of (a) the closure of the Venue, or any part thereof, due to circumstances outside the control of the Owner; or (b) the Insolvency of the Client; or (c) where arrears of monies due to the Owner from the Client in relation to the Wedding are outstanding for more than 14 days; or (d) where Agreements have been exchanged for the sale of the Venue, subject to the Owner giving the client not less than 3 months written notice beforehand or (e) the Client fails to procure not less than 3 months before the Wedding Date that any Caterer has entered into the Catering Agreement or any Operator has entered into the Operator Agreement, in accordance with this agreement; or (f) any other circumstance which, in the reasonable opinion of the Owner, would lead to either the reputation or property of the Owner being damaged by the Client or its agents. (g) in the event that the owner wishes to make material alterations to the Venue and not less than 3 months written notice beforehand.
In the event of cancellation by the Owner, the Owner will refund any advance payments made by the Client. The Owner shall not have any further liability towards the Client.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
This condition sets out the entire liability of the Owner to the Client in respect of (a) any breach of this agreement, (b) any use made by the Client of the Venue; and (c) any representation, statement or tortuous act or omission (including negligence) arising under or in connection with this Agreement.
All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from this Agreement.
Subject to the preceding condition and the following condition, the Owner’s total liability in connection with the performance of this Agreement shall be limited to the Fees paid for the Venue.
Nothing in these Conditions limits or excludes the liability of the Owner (a) for death or personal injury resulting from negligence or (b) for any damage or liability incurred by the Client as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by the Owner
The Owner will not accept any responsibility for any items of personal property, wedding presents, equipment or motor vehicles of the Client or its attendees or sub-contractors at the Wedding which are left unattended at the Venue. Such items shall be at the risk of the Client and the respective attendees and sub-contractors. On request, and subject to availability, the Owner will provide storage facilities but this will remain at the Client’s own risk and neither the Client nor the attendees shall have any claims against the Owner for the loss of any such items.
7. FORCE MAJEURE
The Owner shall have no liability to the Client under this Agreement if it is prevented from or delayed in performing its obligations under this Agreement by acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control, including strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of the Owner or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of Owners or sub-contractors.
8. RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
This Agreement is made for the benefit of the parties to it and (where applicable) their successors and permitted assigns and is not intended to benefit, or be enforceable by, anyone else.
9. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This agreement and any dispute arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales. The Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle and such dispute.
The Websites are operated by the Company.